Oral Cancer Screening
Every 3 minutes, cancer picks a fight with a Canadian. Spruce Ridge Dental can help you detect cancer early and possibly save your life!
Here is some info on Oral Cancer....
Risk factors may increase a person's chance of developing oral cancer. The factors that increase the risk of developing oral cancer include:
- chewing tobacco
- chicha tobacco pipe
- other smokables such as marijuana
- chewing betel nut, also known as paan
- sun and ultraviolet radiation (for lip cancer only)
- previous head and neck cancer
- human papillomavirus (HPV) infection
- other precancerous conditions
Early detection means finding a cancer or precancerous condition at an early stage. In most cases, finding cancer in its early stage increases the chances of successful treatment.
The signs of oral cancer can often be seen in the early stages of the disease during a routine exam with your dental professional. Possible signs and symptoms of oral cancer include:
- a sore that does not heal on the lip or in the mouth
- a lump or thickening on the lips, gums or in the mouth
- patches that are white or red (or both) inside the mouth or on the lips
- bleeding or pain in the lip or mouth
- loose teeth or dentures that no longer fit well
- problems speaking clearly
- a lump in the neck
If you have any of these signs or symptoms please do not delay…it could save your life! Spruce RidgeDental can help detect signs of oral cancer at the early stages.